GEORGIA - SAVANNAH

 

GEORGIA - SAVANNAH


Reasons for visiting


    The first time I heard about Savannah - Georgia, it was because my best friend, Ava, went to live there. We were investigating its location, and its distance from Chile, which is 7,595 km in a linear way. We also investigated the climate of the area. The summers are very hot, the winters are short and cold, and it is wet and partly cloudy all year. As Savannah is on the Georgia coast, it has a very varied flora and fauna: birds, turtles, fish, alligator, and other species that live in the marine forests and beaches. Plants ranging from dried sea oats to waxy motherwort, broad red cedars, and live oaks that also habit these lands. 


    Since she left, we constantly talk, and she tells me about her adventures; from stories with squirrels, stories about her university - which she gave me a tour of and I was fascinated with the architecture of the place - to stories about how the city works because she knows that I love urbanism. Unfortunately, we haven't seen each other since 2019 and we couldn't say goodbye because of the social crisis that Chile experienced in October of the same year. We miss each other a lot, so my main motivation to go to Savannah is to visit her.




The first place that i want to visit








There is also a restaurant that I have always wanted to try that is called "The Sentient Bean" which is located in within the district among many other places that I want to see when I get there. This restaurant is known for its vegan menu and constant support to local farmers and community in Savannah. Most college students that live in the area love eating there thanks to the young atmosphere and the nice people that work there.




Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

My vacations in Arequipa

Blog 3 - The Role of Technology in my Profession and Life